The Liebster Award is an award for bloggers. It helps to discover new blogs and to build a sense of community in the blogging world!
Big thank you to Book Wish Blog for my nomination 🙂
Okay, so here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you
- Nominate 11 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them
- Give them 11 questions of your own
- What’s your favourite part about blogging?
I love having somewhere I can voice my opinions and share those with other book lovers – how great is it to read all the different review styles and to find so many books that you HAVE to add to your TBR list?!
- What’s your favourite book?
Watership Down – Richard Adams. I. Love. This. Book. It’s amazing and I’ve read it countless times, never gets boring. A journey told through the eyes of rabbits… genius.
- What’s your 2016 reading goal? (if you have one)
My goal is to read some historical fiction books and I will be getting started with The Secret Life of Winnie Cox (Sharon Maas) after my colleague recommended it – I’ve heard great things!
- What books are you excited for in 2016?
Oh god, too many! I am especially excited for Behind Closed Doors by B. A. Paris after hearing RAVE reviews and I’ve pre-ordered. Also can’t wait for Don’t You Cry by Mary Kubica.
- Favourite place to buy books?
I love Forbidden Planet in London – I recently bought Tolkien: A Dictionary from there, which is insanely good if you are a huge Hobbit/LOTR fan. Nerd alert! 🙂
- Ebook, audiobook, hardcover or paperback?
I do buy a lot of e-books because it’s so easy to access books. But I’m a sucker for a paperback; I love it when you flick through great books so much the paperbacks are worn and have that amazing book smell – you can tell the books have been given some love!
- What’s your favourite TV show?
Parks and Recreation is one of the funniest damn shows I’ve ever watched it’s awesome and if you haven’t seen you it need to get on that. Special mention to Gotham – absolutely fantastic I am 100% hooked and currently dying for the next episode.
- What’s your favourite author?
I’m going to have to say J K Rowling – Harry Potter brought me so much joy as I read the books throughout High School. I fell even harder in love with reading the whole time. Inspirational!
- What’s your favourite place to read?
I love reading in bed! With pillows propped up behind me, I find it so ridiculously peaceful.
- Besides reading, what other hobbies do you have?
I love to sing but I haven’t sung live in a long, long time. I have a weekly contemporary dance class that I adore and I also love gaming (I am intense when I get on Star Wars Battlefield, shit gets real!)
- Have you met any authors? If so, who? If not, who would you want to meet?
I haven’t and I’m disappointed with this realisation! I would love to meet Clare Mackintosh – her book I Let You Go just absolutely had me one of the best I have ever read.
Here are my nominations:
Questions for my Nominees:
- If you could only read one genre for the rest of your life, what genre would you choose?
- What are your blogging goals for 2016?
- What is your favourite book and why?
- How did you come up with your blog name?
- What was your favourite subject at school and why?
- What are your favourite hobbies? (other than reading hehe)
- Which author inspires you the most?
- Tell me a random fact about you!
- What was the first book you ever read?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- If someone wrote a story about your life what would the title be?